Fostering a lifetime love of learning is not only our motto, but it is what is happening in our amazing classrooms and on our vibrant campus. We are an exceptional, progressive school that offers our students and their families a nurturing environment which challenges all students to do their very best.
Our community has a strong commitment to excellence in education, which is reflected by the quality curriculum and enrichment programs we offer to children from preschool to grade 8. Our beautiful Montessori classrooms are aesthetically pleasing and filled with high-quality Montessori materials that provide a hands-on approach to learning. We foster self-motivated, creative, independent thinkers who will develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential to a lifetime love of learning. It is my belief that the Montessori philosophy provides the child and the family joy and a lifetime love of learning.
We invite you to click HERE to take a virtual tour of our school. The amazing education that VMS provides sets the stage for a lifetime of learning!
Vineyard Montessori School (VMS) is an independent non-profit school educating children from preschool to grade eight. An exceptional progressive school, VMS fosters self-motivated, creative, independent thinkers who will develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential to a lifetime love of learning. The mission of VMS is to follow and execute the philosophy and curriculum for the education of children developed by Italian physician and educator, Maria Montessori. VMS is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
VMS At A Glance
- Vineyard Montessori is more than just a school. We are a community of active and passionate learners who embrace challenge, seek collaboration, and support one another at every turn. We understand that to teach the leaders of tomorrow, we need to give them the tools necessary to succeed today.
- Type: Co-educational day school
- Established in 1975
- Grades: Preschool through Grade 8, Middle School
- Total Enrollment: 65 students, ages 2.9 through fourteen
- Faculty 9 full time, 1 part time
- Geographic Representation: VMS draws families from Martha’s Vineyard and Falmouth communities
- Tuition: Please email email@example.com for current tuition rates.
- Ages and Hours Children need to be 2.9 years old by September 1st to enroll in our Primary Program. The Half Day Primary program meets from 8:30 – 12:00 p.m. The Full Day program meets from 8:30 – 2:30 p.m. (Extended care hours are suspended at this time due to COVID-19).
- Financial Aid Financial aid is available for qualified students in Primary through Grade 8. Applications are reviewed by the Head of School and the Treasurer. Applications are due in the Spring and August 1st.