Vineyard Montessori School (VMS) is a unique community, made up of inspiring educators and leaders. As an exceptional Montessori school educating children from prek to grade eight, VMS fosters self-motivated, creative, independent thinkers who will develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential to a lifetime love of learning.
We seek candidates who can contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and racial diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Director of School Advancement
Vineyard Montessori School
- Create and sustain positive relationships between the school and its constituents, both internal and external, leading them to support Vineyard Montessori School as donors, volunteers, and advocates in fulfillment of our mission.
- Oversee four major areas of school activity: fundraising, constituency relations (chiefly parents and alumni/ae families), volunteer management, and special events. The Director of School Advancement must effectively and smoothly integrate these functions with each other and with all other school activities.
- Work with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to determine the funding required to meet current and future institutional needs, providing direct support to the Head of School and the Board of Trustees in all fundraising initiatives.
- Direct all fundraising programs to support school operations and growth, specifically the Annual Fund and an emerging Capital Campaign. Oversee/manage other fundraising efforts and activities as needed.
- Oversee a database management system to ensure timely and accurate documentation and reporting of philanthropic gifts, acknowledgement letters, volunteer/donor lists and the like. Design processes and procedures to allow easy access to and retrieval of constituent data by other staff and volunteers.
- Cultivate and steward current donors and prospects, creating a climate of future generous giving to VMS.
- Build a program of ongoing cultivation of foundations, businesses/corporations and other local organizations, increasing awareness of Vineyard Montessori School and its programs, and create a philanthropic climate for additional support of the school.
- Organize and inspire a strong sense of community and pride in the school on the part of parents, alumni/ae, faculty, staff and other constituent groups through donor recognition events and special celebrations.
- In collaboration with the Head of School, manage VMS’s development and advancement publications so they support the school’s marketing efforts, as well as meeting the needs of various internal constituencies and informing them effectively about school initiatives including scheduling and organizing events.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Vineyard Montessori School Family Association (VMSFA). Work with the Head of School to identify and recruit leadership, help coordinate volunteer events, and VMSFA-sponsored events.
- Reports to the Head of School
- Serves as an active member of the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Three-to-four years successful independent school non-profit/development experience
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Must possess exceptionally strong writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills essential; familiarity with fundraising software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required